Advocacy and Legislative Information
How does TPA advocate for psychologists and the profession of psychology?
- TPA represents psychologists and the profession of psychology at the legislative level.
- TPA monitors all state bills during each legislative session.
- TPA fights for bills that positively affect the practice of psychology and fights against those that might hinder the profession or negatively impact the delivery of mental health services.
- TPA is the only association in the state that advocates to maintain the doctoral standard for the profession of psychology.
- TPA Business of Practice Committee represents psychologists in third-party reimbursement issues, including Medicare and Medicaid.